*Editor’s note: This information was published in the March 2023 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
Your participation in this health cost sharing ministry gives you a unique advantage to each month extend God’s love through two practical programs:
Prayer for healing goes a long way through Prayers Unceasing
Imagine this: You receive a heartbreaking diagnosis. Discouraged, you call CHM. A staff member asks if you’d like CHM members to pray for you. You say ‘yes,’ but perhaps doubt they will. However, you soon receive cards of encouragement. Someone even mails a care package with a note that says, “I’ve been there. I’m here for you.” This is your CHM family; this is Prayers Unceasing.
How it works:
- With each monthly billing statement, you receive contact information of a CHM member asking for prayer.
- You get to mail or email an encouraging note that includes Scripture verses, a written-out prayer, or a reminder to lean into God’s faithfulness and peace in the midst of trials.
- When needed most, your words minister to your brothers and sisters in Christ.
Prayer Page giving adds up, making medical bills go down
A tangible way to help is through CHM’s Prayer Page. Featured in Heartfelt Magazine, the Prayer Page lists the names of CHM members who incurred qualifying medical bills from maintained pre-existing conditions. Through donations, members receive help paying for their eligible medical bills.
What to know:
- 100% of Prayer Page contributions are used to pay members’ medical bills.
- The Prayer Page works—and it’s a testament of your love for one another. In 2022 alone, CHM members donated $4,249,302 to the Prayer Page. Throughout our history, CHM members have met 100% of Prayer Page needs.
- Like Prayers Unceasing, you can send a note of encouragement, reminding them that their CHM family is carrying their financial burden.
- One-time or recurring donations can be made through the Member Portal.