Workplace Type: Onsite (Hybrid Potential)
Employment Type: FT
Job Location: Barberton, OH
The Quality Assurance Test Engineer is responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The Quality Assurance Test Engineer provides both manual and automated testing expertise and oversight and also plays a role in providing advice, guidance and monitoring emerging technologies.
What We Offer
- Compensation based on experience.
- Faith and purpose-based career opportunity!
- Fully paid health benefits
- Retirement and Life Insurance
- 12 paid holidays PLUS birthday
- Lunch is provided DAILY.
- Professional Development
- Paid Training
- Develop and maintain moderately complex integration, functional, and non-functional tests, and contribute to automated test frameworks, to ensure the holistic quality of the software.
- Lead the verification of system functionality by executing moderately complex automated and manual tests, analyzing results, and providing recommendations; record test outcomes; report defects and results in test repository.
- Work with Business Analysts on defining End-to-End test plans for User Acceptance Testing and assist end users during UAT to ensure that acceptance criteria has been met.
- Contribute to the implementation of the delivery pipeline including test automation, test environments, and security.
- Perform manual testing responsibilities, including the creation of test cases and test plans.
- Verify performance and scalability of the system.
- Provide troubleshooting support for moderately complex production issues or software issues to ensure the stability of the application.
- Actively participate in formal reviews of software products, databases, and environments relating to testing of the software.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Knowledge & proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in quality assurance / test automation.
- Medium skill level with test automation and continuous integration tools; demonstrated experience with building environments and pipelines.
- Experience with one programming language and operating system (preferably C#).
- Experienced in problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to identify and resolve project issues and risks.
- Strong organizational, time management, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Personal Attributes Desired
- Cultivates Innovation
- Detail Orientation
- Instills Trust
- Decision Quality
- Information Management Skills
- Values Diversity
- Nimble Learning
- Job-Specific Knowledge
- Customer Focus
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Ensures Accountability
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required.
- On-Site/Remote from home mixture would be considered, ministry-based office location Barberton Ohio
About Christian Healthcare Ministries
Founded in 1981, Christian Healthcare Ministries (CHM) is a healthcare sharing ministry for Christians. CHM is a nonprofit, voluntary cost-sharing ministry through which participating Christians meet each other’s medical bills. The mission of CHM is to glorify God, show Christian love, and experience God’s presence as Christians share each other’s medical bills.