Workplace Type: Onsite (Hybrid Potential)
Employment Type: FT
Job Location: Barberton, OH
As the Senior Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for leading the charge to conduct thorough and independent assessments of our member bill sharing processes and checks shared to members and providers. Your expertise will ensure compliance with CHM Guidelines, identify areas for improvement, and contribute to the overall financial integrity of our organization.
As the first member of this new team, you will be responsible for working with the CFO to develop standard operating procedures and best practices. You will also be responsible for identifying resources needed and building out the appropriate support team.
What We Offer
- Compensation based on experience.
- Faith and purpose-based career opportunity!
- Fully paid health benefits
- Retirement and Life Insurance
- 12 paid holidays PLUS birthday
- Lunch is provided DAILY.
- Professional Development
- Paid Training
- Develop and execute internal audits to assess the effectiveness of controls over member bill sharing.
- Review financial transactions, records, and reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with CHM policies and Guidelines.
- Identify potential risks and control weaknesses and provide recommendations for mitigating these risks.
- Identify errors in sharing reimbursements and provide solutions for how to both correct/recapture and prevent going forward.
Internal Controls and Risk Management
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls to safeguard assets and prevent fraud and error.
- Collaborate with management to identify and mitigate potential risks that could impact the organization.
Audit Findings and Reporting
- Prepare clear and concise audit reports, documenting findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Present audit findings to management and assist in the development of action plans for improvement.
Process Improvement and Efficiency
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and operational efficiency.
- Provide valuable insights and recommendations to enhance performance.
- Implement ongoing monitoring activities to assess the effectiveness of corrective actions taken in response to audit findings.
Professional Ethics and Standards
- Conduct all audit activities with the highest level of integrity, ethics, and objectivity.
- Adhere to professional standards and guidelines in conducting internal audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. Professional certifications (e.g., CIA, CPA, CISA) are highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts and risk assessment methodologies.
- Proficiency in auditing techniques and data analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Commitment to the mission and values of our organization.
About Christian Healthcare Ministries
Founded in 1981, Christian Healthcare Ministries (CHM) is a healthcare sharing ministry for Christians. CHM is a nonprofit, voluntary cost-sharing ministry through which participating Christians meet each other’s medical bills. The mission of CHM is to glorify God, show Christian love, and experience God’s presence as Christians share each other’s medical bills.