*Editor’s note: This information was published in the February 2021 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
By CHM staff member Joanna Baltzly
Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe that will be sure to get mouths watering? If so, CHM staff member Joanna Baltzy has just the meal for you: Instant Pot Mongolian Beef and Broccoli.
- 1 ½ pounds of beef stew meat
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups white or brown rice
- 2 cups of frozen or freshly steamed broccoli
1. Set Instant Pot to sauté.
2. Add oil, stew meat and garlic. Sauté until meat is browned.
3. Add in carrots, soy sauce, brown sugar and water.
4. Select manual high pressure, 10 minutes.
5. Use the quick release.
6. Place pot back on sauté mode; add ¾ cup of beef broth and bring to a boil.
7. Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons of beef broth and cornstarch until no clumps remain.
8. Pour cornstarch mixture into boiling Instant Pot contents and continue on sauté for about 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens. Add steamed broccoli to the mixture.
9. Serve over cooked white or brown rice and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite healthy recipe you’d like to share? We want to share it! CHM members may submit their recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org for publication consideration in future Heartfelt Magazine issues.