Workplace Type: Onsite (Hybrid Potential)
Employment Type: FT
Job Location: Barberton, OH
As an Assistant Controller, you will play a critical role in the financial management of our organization, working closely with the Controller to ensure that our financial operations run smoothly and efficiently.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the preparation and analysis of financial statements and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. This position requires strong analytical and communication skills, as well as a deep commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
What We Offer
- Compensation based on experience.
- Faith and purpose-based career opportunity!
- Fully paid health benefits
- Retirement and Life Insurance
- 12 paid holidays PLUS birthday
- Lunch is provided DAILY.
- Professional Development
- Paid Training
- Review the Finance Team’s preparation of journal entries and monthly financial statements, including statements of financial position and statements of activities.
- Prepare explanations of variance for monthly financial statements.
- Assist with reconciling accounts and resolving any discrepancies.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget, ensuring that expenditures are within budgetary limits, and provide financial forecasts as needed.
- Review and approve weekly accounts payable.
- Provide financial analysis and insights to Controller to support decision-making.
- Monitor and implement financial controls to safeguard company assets.
- Maintain relationships with external auditors, tax advisors, and other financial service providers.
Team Collaboration and Development
- Foster a collaborative and growth-oriented work environment.
- Facilitate internal training with other departments over purchasing and accounting software and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting or related field.
- Strong analytical and communication skills to ensure accuracy and clarity in financial reporting.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, financial statement preparation, and non-profit tax compliance.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
About Christian Healthcare Ministries
Founded in 1981, Christian Healthcare Ministries (CHM) is a healthcare sharing ministry for Christians. CHM is a nonprofit, voluntary cost-sharing ministry through which participating Christians meet each other’s medical bills. The mission of CHM is to glorify God, show Christian love, and experience God’s presence as Christians share each other’s medical bills.