You can apply for membership in CHM and Brother’s Keeper by using our secure online application or paper application (click here to receive an application by mail). You can choose either the date you submit your application or a future date as your starting date (CHM has no waiting period. Click here to learn about our pre-existing conditions policy).
What happens after joining
You’ll receive your welcome packet and CHM membership card(s) within two to three weeks of submitting your application. Most of the information in the welcome packet is for your reference; however, one form—the Checklist of Understanding—must be filled out and returned to CHM before any of your medical bills can be shared. You also will receive Heartfelt, CHM’s monthly magazine, around the 1st of each month and the Member Gift Form (billing statement) around the 15th of each month. For more information, click the button below.
Advantages of joining CHM
- CHM is affordable and compassionate
- An eligible option for individuals under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Generous maternity program
- Choose your own healthcare providers
- No application fee or annual fee
- No one is dropped or denied membership due to medical conditions
- Costs are not adjusted based on medical conditions or history
- Bill discounts often eliminate out-of-pocket expenses
- Longevity, integrity and accountability
- One free month for each new membership you bring to CHM
- Knowing that each financial gift goes to help a fellow Christian as fellow Christians stand by to help you!