A season of growth
By Charity Beall, CHM Chief Financial Officer (CFO) & Treasurer
In turbulent times like these, the Lord and His wisdom enable us to find safety, constancy and peace. We're all individual parts of this body of Christ that is CHM. Together we seek His face, and that brings peace, wisdom and joy.
- Psalm 51:6 (NIV), “Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place.”
- Colossians 2:2-3 (NIV), “My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, and Christ is the free gift that God has given to us. CHM’s leaders daily seek to humble themselves before the Lord. The following 2020 financial statistics demonstrate His faithfulness, His wisdom and His blessing here at CHM.
- In 2020, CHM to date is serving over 9,000 new members.
- Despite a pandemic and economic volatility, CHM members have faithfully sent their monthly membership gifts.
- July 2020 saw a more than $114,000 increase in charitable giving.
- CHM members are sharing an average of $53 million of each other’s medical bills per month, as compared to a 2019 average of $41 million per month.
- Your cost-sharing checks come sooner, as sharing time continues to decrease.
- Through members’ faithfulness, CHM allocated disaster relief funds—amounting to over $65,000—to help members experiencing hardship to maintain their memberships. CHM also created a program through which members with Bring-a-Friend credits can donate credits to fellow members in need.
- Out of hundreds of thousands of CHM members, only 63 members have so far submitted medical bills for COVID-19. Please pray for them!
The world may be in turmoil, but with CHM—because of the grace of our Lord—you have safety, constancy and peace.