By CHM staff member, Jeri Ball
*Editor’s note: This information was published in the May 2021 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
Looking for a delicious recipe for family Mexican food night? We’ve got the perfect one for you! Enjoy this healthier alternative to traditional fajitas.
- 1 ½ lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- Soft tortilla
- Light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine onion, peppers, shrimp, olive oil, and spices.
- Toss to combine.
- Spread onto large cookie sheet and place in oven for 8 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and bake for an additional 2 minutes, until shrimp is cooked.
- Squeeze lime juice over entire mixture, serve in tortillas with chopped cilantro and sour cream.
Do you have a favorite healthy recipe? We’d like to share it! CHM members can submit their recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in future magazines.