*Editor’s note: This information was published in the November 2021 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
By CHM staff member Jordyn Austin
Thanksgiving is a holiday that usually leaves us eating leftovers for days afterward. If you’re looking for a creative way to enjoy those leftovers, here’s a recipe the whole family can enjoy.
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup gravy of your choice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 cups turkey (shredded)
- 2 cups stuffing
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a baking dish, combine turkey and cranberry sauce and spread evenly.
- Press leftover mashed potatoes evenly on top.
- Scatter corn over the mashed potatoes.
- Mix the milk and leftover gravy and spread evenly over the mashed potatoes and corn.
- Scatter leftover stuffing and lightly pour vegetable broth over the top.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, checking casserole periodically.
Do you have a favorite healthy recipe? We’d like to share it! CHM members can submit their recipes to email@example.com for consideration in future magazines.