*Editor’s note: This information was published in the January 2021 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
Exciting things are happening in the free Member Portal, with new features and options coming soon for you.
The Member Portal is your easy-to use, one-stop shop as you manage your CHM membership and submit your medical bills—and it’s only getting better.
At the time of this writing, updated features releasing in February 2021 will enable you to:
- View your membership details such as your start date, participants and participation levels. You'll then have at your fingertips the details of your CHM membership.
- Add a participant to your membership. Is your spouse ready to join? Did you have a new baby? (Congratulations!) Adding immediate family members to your membership will be as easy as 1-2-3.
- Request changes to membership levels. This can then be done online at your convenience, without the need to call during ministry hours.
- View your history of online participation change requests. You’ll know in an instant what changes you requested and when.
These updates will join other Member Portal features already available, such as the ability to submit your monthly financial gift, donate to the Prayer Page, download the Sharing Request Packet, and submit your medical bills and forms.
These new, helpful features releasing next month can be found by visiting the updated Member Portal at portal.chministries.org.
You asked; we answered! CHM staff are working on additional enhancements suggested by you. Additional functions will enable you to sign up for recurring giving, update or change giving preferences and payment details, view your giving balance, and more. The Member Portal adds great value to the member experience.
More updates will be announced in the coming months.
How to register for your Member Portal account:
If you haven’t taken advantage of your free Member Portal account, now’s the time to do it. The Member Portal will make your CHM experience even better. Here’s how to sign up:
1. Find your CHM member number and your portal access code provided on your monthly Member Gift Form billing statement. (If you can’t find the number and code on your form, please call CHM at 1-800-791-6225, ext. 5993 and ask for the Member Services department; a staff member will be happy to help you locate it.)
2. Go to portal.chministries.org and click on “Register” at the top right hand side of the page.
3. In the appropriate fields, enter your member number, access code and valid email address, and create a strong password.
4. Click “Register Now.”
After you’ve completed these simple steps, you’ll be able to access the free Member Portal and its helpful features.