By Lauren Gajdek, CHM Vice President of Communications & Media
*Editor’s note: This information was published in the April 2021 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
If you’re looking for a fun and healthy snack, this peanut butter power balls recipe is for you! It is gluten-free, dairy-free, kid-friendly, no-bake, and has a substitution included to make it vegan!
- 1 cup raw oats
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1/3 bag semisweet chocolate chips
(substitute 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup to make vegan)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Roll into 1” balls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- If balls are still sticky, combine equal parts ground flaxseed and brown sugar and roll the balls in the mixture to coat them evenly.
- Yields 12-16 balls
Do you have a favorite healthy recipe? We’d like to share it! CHM members may submit their recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in future magazines.