*Editor’s note: This information was published in the October 2021 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
By CHM staff member Havilah Spengler
If you’re interested in a delicious fall recipe, this chili has a special twist—sweet potatoes. Bring this flavorful fall recipe to your next potluck and blow everyone away!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 bell peppers diced (whatever color you like)
- 1 onion diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes or 3 smaller ones diced into 1 inch squares
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder spice
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Dice onion and peppers, then set aside.
- Brown meat on stove top in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once meat is cooked, drain the grease from the meat.
- Add onions and peppers to the same pan, cook on medium heat.
- While meat and veggies are cooking, wash and cut sweet potatoes into 1-inch squares, set aside in a bowl.
- Once meat and veggies are cooked, add the canned crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce to pot.
- Stir in spices (may need to add more than suggested depending on preference).
- Let cook on medium/high heat 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Double-batch this recipe and freeze for another meal.
- This recipe can be modified and cooked in an Instant Pot or slow cooker.
Do you have a favorite healthy recipe? We’d like to share it! CHM members can submit their recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in future magazines.