*Editor’s note: This information was published in the January 2022 issue of Heartfelt Magazine, CHM’s monthly magazine that provides CHM membership-related tips and tricks, medical advice from doctors, testimonies from CHM members, and more. Please refer to the CHM Guidelines and applicable web pages for the most up-to-date information regarding CHM membership, sharing eligibility, and ministry news.*
We’re so excited to welcome you to the CHM family! To make the most of your CHM membership, here are some important things to do or keep in mind:
- Please read the Guidelines. The CHM Guidelines are the roadmap for ministry members. The Guidelines explain what is, and isn’t, eligible for sharing. Understanding what guides CHM enables you to have more effective conversations when interacting with CHM staff—and can prevent unnecessary frustration down the road.
- You choose your healthcare provider; there’s no list of providers you must follow. You read that right! As long as the service is eligible for sharing per the CHM Guidelines and your participation level, you can choose any appropriately-licensed provider.
- Here’s what to do when you need medical care:
- If you’re in an emergency situation, seek medical care right away. Take care of yourself first. When you’re stable, you can then follow CHM’s step-by-step guide for submitting medical bills found on our website.
- If it’s not an emergency, consider shopping around for healthcare providers. There are a variety of resources that will help you find the best value, such as the HealthiestYou™ app.
- Let your providers know you’re a self-pay patient who’d like to be billed directly with itemized medical bills. Ask for a self-pay discount. We also recommend setting up a payment plan with your providers; CHM members will reimburse you for payments you’ve made on eligible medical expenses. When you receive your itemized bills, send copies of them to CHM with your completed Sharing Request Packet.
- Use the Member Portal. On the secure Member Portal, you can submit your Checklist of Understanding, set up recurring payments, manage your billing, submit medical bills online, and more. Instructions for registering your account can be found in your Welcome Packet.
- Take advantage of phone monthly gift payments. By calling 1-800-791-6225, you have the option to make gift payments 24/7/365 with just a phone call.
- CHM doesn’t have insurance agents. CHM is a voluntary health cost sharing ministry, not health insurance. We don’t contract, incentivize, or in any other manner work with insurance agents. If an insurance agent has attempted to “sell” you a CHM membership, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We want to pray for you. As a ministry, we come together to support each other financially and spiritually. If you have prayer requests, please call, email or message us. Your CHM family would love to pray for you.