As such, there are a few key things we want to make sure you know about the coronavirus and how CHM is responding:
1. We’re praying for you…
and we haven’t stopped since all of this began. We know that God has a plan and purpose for everything, but we also know that many of you are suffering physically and financially right now. Our hope is that CHM can be a beacon of hope for you in the midst of challenging times, because…
2. We continue to serve you.
Please know that we’re still working diligently behind the scenes to serve you, even though some processes and procedures look a bit different. For example, some of our employees are working from home. Others are working in-office hours following strict health protocols that will keep our staff safe, so they can continue to share your medical bills and perform other essential ministry functions.
3. CHM will continue to share eligible medical bills and we can financially support any bills submitted for COVID-19—along with bills for other health conditions.
The ministry employs strong financial principles, including operating within a debt-free mindset, analyzing and adjusting monthly costs to make sure medical bills are shared despite rising healthcare costs, and working with members and healthcare providers to secure the best prices for medical procedures. In addition, CHM's recent sharing time average takes 90-100 days once the ministry receives all necessary forms and itemized medical bills.
4. Please engage with us online.
There are a number of ways:
- CHM’s Member Portal: The Portal is the best and easiest way to send medical bills and make monthly financial gifts. In addition, we’ve recently added a new feature to view in your Portal any missing documents we need from you to process your medical bills. (You’ll also receive an email notification to the email address CHM has on file.)
- Our coronavirus page contains the latest updates, including almost-daily “situation report” videos from CHM Medical Director Dr. Michael Jacobson.
- Join our social media community @iheartchm for updates and encouragement.
- What do I need to know about the coronavirus?
Members are free from the worry of coronavirus-related medical expenses. Testing and treatment for coronavirus (COVID-19) is shared under CHM’s Guidelines, just as are costs for any testing or treatment for a confirmed illness, with Personal Responsibility amounts that depend upon the member’s participation level. As with other medical issues, Personal Responsibility amounts can be reduced based on discounts arranged with providers.
- How does the coronavirus affect CHM's operations?
As a CHM member, you’re part of a body of believers who serve as the hands and feet of Jesus Christ. Even when there’s no crisis at hand, every day we see members caring for each other. During extraordinary times, we've seen CHM members make extraordinary gestures of Christian love and goodwill. It’s our honor to glorify God by continued service to you, just as we have done for nearly 40 years.
Your medical bills (for coronavirus or other eligible medical incidents) can - and should be – sent to CHM. We encourage you to do so using CHM's Member Portal. The CHM staff will process your medical bills as quickly as we are able.
Please see CHM's coronavirus page for periodic medical updates and informational resources.
What members say about CHM